Our main activity at present is the establishment of our DBA Second Chance Incubator. Modeled after successful incubators in the private sector, our Second Chance Incubator will operate within a prison to take IT business ideas suitable for prisons and converting them into operational, profitable, proof-of-concept businesses ready to deploy within a prison.
For consideration, a prison business idea must:
1) Provide IT job skills with a future to inmates from training and certification to hands-on work experience.
2) Comply to prison security, creatively at times but always within regulations.
3) Produce a profitable business independent of winning charitable grants.
4) Integrate into the business plan a seamless transition from inmate to working parolee.
5) Establish and contribute to a working inmate’s Minitrust [link] fund.
The Second Chance Incubator is in formation and has yet to begin operations. If you would like updates, sign up for our electronic bulletins.